This is essential for healthy eating these days, and one of the tastiest ways to prepare chicken breast in a healthy way.
Perfect to build any meal upon – even different ethnic food…This is a basic recipe you’ll always need up your sleeve. ~ Kimberly Edwards
strong>Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: Any side dish, for sandwiches/burgers or sliced on salad or in pasta.
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 7-8 min
Nutrition Facts: Low in fat, low in calories, full of protein
- chicken breasts – boneless, skinless, defrosted
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil – or other oil you prefer depending on flavor you desire
- sea salt – to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- Pre-heat large frying pan to medium heat with olive oil or coconut oil (depending upon desired flavor). * Tip: For most meals, you’ll be better off using olive oil. For tropical dishes or just for something different, use coconut oil.
- Rinse boneless, skinless and defrosted chicken breast(s) under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle both sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to how you usually prefer seasoning. * Tip: Refrain from using garlic powder or garlic salt, and onion powder, as they will burn under this type of heat in the pan and become bitter on the chicken. If you desire a garlic or onion flavor, create a sauce with garlic or onion in it or sprinkle it on about 1 minute before you’re finished searing the meat.
- Sprinkle the pan with 1-2 drops of water. If it really sizzles, the pan is pre-heated. If it doesn’t sizzle, continue to pre-heat or SLIGHTLY turn up the heat and repeat this step until it does sizzle.
- Put chicken in the pan and cover with a frying screen (It looks like a round screen with a handle on it that fits over your frying pan, so that everything doesn’t get splattered by the olive oil).
- Allow to brown on first side, checking by lifting it up with tongs. Once it is golden brown in color (about 4 min), flip the chicken, cover with frying screen.
- Sear for another 3-4 min until 2nd side is golden brown in color.
- Remove from pan and allow to sit for 2-3 min. Then, proceed to cut it into slices or serve whole.
Be aware that the sauces you add to your chicken meal can add a lot of fatty calories, especially if they’re creamy or cheesy sauces…
Keep it light! Try adding olive oil and italian spices with finely minced garlic to your pasta and toss. Delicious!
I hope you enjoyed this Chicken Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
[tags]chicken breast, chicken, healthy, searing, seared, chicken meal, how to cook chicken, how to sear chicken[/tags]
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla
- How to Grill Pumpkin on the BBQ + Video
- How to Make Pre-Spring Salad
- How to Cook Caramelized Onions
- How to Cook Pear Vinaigrette Roasted Whole Chicken + Video