White chocolate mousse is something of a “Calgon, take me away…” kind-of-moment.
You can make this dessert at home in under 25 minutes – plus, a few hours to chill out in your refrigerator, and you are subject to compliments from your family likened to that of a French chef.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Garnish with: white chocolate curls or shavings and a maraschino cherry
Prep Time: 18 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 3 hr 30 min total
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 8 oz white chocolate + shavings/curls for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream + 1 cup cold heavy cream
- maraschino cherry – if desired
- Mix cold water and unflavored gelatin in a small mixing bowl. Allow it to “bloom” for about 5 min.
- Finely chop 8 oz white chocolate and set aside.
- Bring to a boil, heavy cream. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin to cream, then stir for 40 sec.
- Quickly pour hot mixture over chocolate in a mixing bowl, whisking until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate until thickened somewhat.
- Whip cold heavy cream until it holds its shape. Fold cream into white chocolate mixture.
- Fill cups or molds with mousse and refrigerate for at least 3 hrs.
Garnish with grated or curls of white chocolate. Top with a fabulous sauce like raspberry or passionfruit.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National White Chocolate Day: Decadent Mousse Recipe
- How to Make White Chocolate Mousse with Toasted Almonds
- How to Make Bavarian Cream Pie: National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- How to Make Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: National Sundae Day
- How to Make Crème de Menthe Parfaits