Okay, if you have ever drank a cup of green tea and thought, “I have no idea what everyone sees in this!”, then you are likely not making your green tea correctly. Green tea is chocked full of antioxidants that eliminate free radicals that promote cancer. It is also great for dieting.
I drink green tea every single morning, now that I know how to make it.
I used to think green tea was bitter and tasted like I was licking the ground…Yuk! When I found out how to make it correctly, that totally changed my schema…It is delicious, and how rewarding that it is good for you too!
I thought I would make certain that you all know how to make the perfect cup of green tea.
You can brew your green tea “straight up”, but I enjoy mine with honey and goji berries. Enjoy!
Type: Beverage Recipe
Serve With: Nothing…It is perfect all by itself!
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 2-3 min
Yield: 1 pot, approx. 4 cups
* The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 tsp green tea per one 8oz cup – approximately 4 tsp for a teapot; use loose leaf tea
- sweetener – sugar, honey, agave; if desired
1. Choose a great green tea: I prefer loose leaf Jasmine Superior or Cactus Fig from Teaopia (at least get organically grown tea).
2. Boil your water: Once water is boiled, set your timer for 5 minutes. This should cool the water just enough so as not to burn the green tea leaves when you add the water.
3. Add water to green tea and ONLY steep for 2-3 minutes. If you steep for any longer, you will surely have bitter green tea. Not good!
4. After 2-3 minutes, remove tea leaves.
5. Pour into a beautiful teacup and Enjoy!
I certainly hope this opens up your world to green tea and improving your health and life, even if it is in just a tiny way! It is essential!
If you do love this green tea, consider other things you can do with green tea, like making a Matcha Green Tea Flavored Finishing Sugar that you can use to sweeten your teas, fruits and desserts.
If you’re still not into green tea after this, you’re just not a green tea lover, and that’s okay! Here’s How to Brew Black Loose Leaf Tea.
I hope you enjoy this Tea Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Eat (& Drink) Deliciously!
- How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Darjeeling Tea
- How to Brew the Perfect Cup of White Tea
- How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Oolong Tea
- How to Brew Black Looseleaf Tea
- How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Rooibos Tea