I am so pleased to show you How to Make Romaine Salad With Turkey Breast, Blue Potatoes & Chevre with Raspberry Vinaigrette!
A fresh, crispy salad with tender turkey breast, very cool blue potatoes & creamy, tangy chevre, topped with a sweet, fruity berry dressing, this salad is sure to please. It has it all.
The mixture of other fresh veggies rounds out the salad and adds extra nutrition too.
Romaine Salad with Turkey Breast, Blue Potatoes & Chevre:
Napa Valley Vinegar Co. has an entire line of fine wine vinegars with real fruit purees.
Type: Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Yield: 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/2 large head of romaine lettuce – wash & pat dry
- about 2 cups roasted or grilled turkey breast – shredded; warm or cold
- cold roasted blue potatoes – washed, cooked and chopped into quarters or bite-sized pieces
- 1 small pkg chevre
- 1/2 cucumber – washed & sliced
- 1 tomato – washed and cut into wedges
- 1/2 yellow zucchini – washed and sliced
- 1/2 carrot – washed and shaved using a vegetable peeler to shave off thin strips of the carrot
- 3 crimini mushrooms – sliced
- sprinkling Nutty Sprout Mix – by Sprouts for Life: containing the following sprouts – fenugreek, lentils, kamut & Adzuki beans
- 1 tsp fresh parsley – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil – roughly chopped
- sprinkling of freshly ground pepper
- sprinkling of chili flakes
- Tear romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl on paper towels and pat dry again to be sure there is very little moisture left on the lettuce.
- Scatter the following vegetables over the lettuce in layers: cucumber, tomato, yellow zucchini, carrot, crimini mushrooms, and nutty sprout mix.
- Sprinkle parsley and basil over top of salad.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
- At this point, I fill the individual salad bowls and add to them a few slices of the chevre, a few of the blue potato chunks.
- Allow each diner to drizzle the Raspberry Vinaigrette over their individual salads.
Napa Valley Raspberry Vinaigrette:
Prep Time: 5 min
Yields: about 1/2 cup of vinaigrette
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tbsp honey – agave nectar, jam or jelly will work as substitutes
- sprinkle freshly ground pepper
- sprinkle chili flakes
- sprinkle sea salt
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar – I used Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Raspberry Vinegar.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil – I used Olio Quattrociocchi Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the following: ground mustard, honey, pepper, chili flakes, sea salt, raspberry vinegar & extra virgin olive oil.
- Whisk vigorously.
- Taste raspberry vinaigrette and adjust or correct the seasonings, if needed.
This raspberry vinaigrette pairs very well with the above salad.
The Ontario vegetables and chevre, which I am using for this recipe come from my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake, one of their two locations, with the other location being in St. Catharines, here in southern Ontario.
Harvest Barn Country Markets are known for their superbly fresh, quality produce. It’s good to know that Harvest Barn Country Markets make an effort, as much as possible to bring in produce to their markets from within a 100 mile radius of their locations.
Check them out online:
- How to Make Napa Valley Raspberry Vinaigrette + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Raspberry Vinegar
- How to Make Napa Jack’s Peach Bourbon BBQ Vinaigrette + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Chardonnay Peach Vinegar
- How to Make Napa Valley Cucumber Salad with Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing + Video