If you’ve never tried the combination before, I highly recommend this recipe for How to Make Rhubarb Lemonade!
This awesome Summertime lemonade is fabulous on those hot days when only something lemony will quench your thirst.
How to Make Rhubarb Lemonade:
- Be sure to roll your lemons on a hard surface to get the juices flowing.
- I don’t recommend microwaving them because it changes the flavor of the lemons and if left in the microwave oven too long, it diminishes the nutrient content.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: about 16 ounces
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 – 3 stalks fresh rhubarb – sliced into 4 long strips or more to your taste
- 3 large lemons – rolled to prepare for juicing
- 1 1/2 cups sugar – or to taste
- 16 cups cold water
- Note: Have a large pitcher or other container available, that holds 16 cups.
- Squeeze the lemons making sure to pick out the seeds & discard. Pour juice into pitcher.
- Place strips of rhubarb into juice pitcher.
- Pour cold water into pitcher and stir well until sugar is totally dissolved.
- Pour into glasses with our without ice cubes as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
You could garnish with a little stick of rhubarb and a maraschino cherry, if desired.
This recipe on How To Make Rhubarb Lemonade will certainly refresh you throughout the long, dog days of Summer.
- How to Make Lemonade from Scratch + Video: Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie
- How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Cranberry Lemonade Punch: 4th of July Fare
- How to Make Kimberly’s Hot Lemonade
- How to Make Homemade Lemonade + Video