This is Day Five of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike!
Along with our dinner of Crusted Pork Loin, we made what I like to call a “pre-spring” salad.
It’s a great accompaniment for almost any meal, whether it’s soup, a side dish with meat or along with pasta.
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve With: Balsmaic Vinaigrette, sprinkle with pepitas/pumpkin seeds, chili flakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 head Romaine lettuce – washed and spines removed
- 2 strawberries – thinly sliced
- 15 grapes – green, seedless
- 2 cloves garlic – 1 clove whole, 1 clove minced
- 1 tbsp green onion – finely sliced
- 1 doz shiitake mushrooms – sliced
- 1/2 cucumber – sliced and peeled, if desired
- 2 tbsp celery – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- Eurasian black sea salt – to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- Pre-heat frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- Wash vegetables & fruit, except mushrooms, in cold water and set on dry paper towels. Pat dry.
- Slice & mince veggies & fruit accordingly.
- Saute mushrooms in frying pan until softened. Add 1 clove of minced garlic about 1 minute prior to mushrooms being finished.
- Using a large salad bowl, take whole clove of garlic and rub on entire inner surface of bowl. Mince remainder and add to frying pan. Set mushrooms aside.
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces and arrange rest of fresh ingredients on top of romaine. You may toss it or serve as is.
- Sprinkle with Eurasian black sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and Italian seasonings.
- Top with pepitas/pumpkin seeds and chili flakes, if desired.
I hope you enjoyed this Vegan Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]salad recipe, pre-spring salad, how to make salad, great salad recipe, easy salad, vegan recipe, vegetarian recipe, side salad recipe[/tags]
- How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad
- How to Make Spinach Ranch Dressing: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Healthy Creamy Herb Salad Dressing
- How to Cook Mushrooms with Port Wine and Balsamic Sauce
- How to Bake Classic Pita Pizzas