The month of November is National Peanut Butter Month, and what could be a better way to celebrate than to make Homemade Peanut Butter?
Peanut butter brings back childhood memories, when peanut butter sandwiches were a favorite of mine.
Even now, as a woman of a certain age, I crave a peanut butter sandwich, and it’s a serious matter when I want it, I want it now.
Peanut butter & bananas are a very delicious & healthy snack. However, since the fat content of peanuts is high, it’s best not to overdo it.
Under federal regulations, commercially produced peanut butter must contain at least 90% roasted, shelled peanuts with other content containing no more than 10% sweeteners, salt & oil.
How to Make Peanut Butter:
It is an easy matter to make your own peanut butter as follows.
Type: Condiment Recipe
Serve with: on toast with jam or jelly
Prep Time: 15 min – if shelling peanuts
Serves: 1 lb of cherries yields 1 pint
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts – roasted, shelled
- 3 – 4 tbsp vegetable, safflower or canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fine sugar
- Using a food processor, place peanuts into bowl.
- Add oil, and process until very smooth.
- Add in salt & fine sugar and mix well.
That’s it! Delicious in baked goods, or just the old fashioned way…in a PB & J sandwich.
Now, here’s a great recipe you can use that peanut butter in – Peanut Butter Banana Muffins:
More Peanut Recipes:
Cooking Shows: Peanut Recipes + Reviews
National Peanut Butter Month pretty awesome with homemade peanut butter.
- Happy National Peanut Day
- Web Chef Review: PBfit Peanut Butter Powder
- How to Make Grilled Honey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge: National Peanut Butter Fudge Day