This recipe for How to Make Napa Valley Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing is very tasty, with smokey undertones and the sweetness of mango.
This vinaigrette will pair well on a Napa Valley Cucumber Salad for our supper.
Fresh, crispy cucumber cut with a pretty pattern, tossed with a flavorful combination of sweet mango vinegar & spicy smoked paprika is a great side dish to most meals.
Napa Valley Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing:
I have had the pleasure of using some of the most wonderful Napa Valley Vinegar Co. vinegars, such as this Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Sweet Mango Vinegar. They come from Wine Country Kitchens, where they offer a whole line of fine wine vinegars containing real fruit purees. They are quite remarkable.
As well, I have enjoyed the varieties of paprika offered by La Chinata such as the Hot Smoked Paprika that I have chosen to use for this dressing because it is so nice and spicy. The other paprika varieties they carry are sweet, bitter sweet, hot and premium sweet & premium hot.
Because I don’t want to overpower the mango vinegar, I have chosen to use a mild grape seed oil instead of olive oil.
Type: Salad Dressing Recipe
Prep Time: 8 – 10 min
Yield: 1/2 cup
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/2 tsp dried ground mustard – prepared mustard is okay
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika – I used La Chinata Hot Smoked Paprika.
- 1/2 tsp mango vinegar – I used Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Sweet Mango Vinegar.
- sprinkle of freshly ground pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tsp nectarine freezer jam – honey, jam of your choice or agave nectar would all suffice
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the following: dried mustard, hot smoked paprika, mango vinegar, grape seed oil, pepper and sea salt.
- Whisk together well until completely emulsified.
- Taste test and correct seasoning, if needed.
- On tasting, I felt the dressing needed a little sweetening, so I added 1 tsp nectarine freezer jam that we had just made yesterday to mellow out the flavor of the dressing. You could add honey, jam or agave nectar, if desired.
- Re-whisk and serve either drizzled on your salad, or in a separate bowl at the table, so each diner is able to serve dressing to themselves, as desired.
I hope you try this recipe How to Make Napa Valley Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing and use it on some of your favorite salads for a change.
- How to Make Napa Valley Cucumber Salad with Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Sweet Mango Vinegar
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar
- How to Make Napa Valley Blood Orange Buttermilk Salad Dressing + Video
- How to Make Napa Valley Raspberry Vinaigrette + Video