National Nachos Day is here, on November 6th, but I love making nachos much more than once a year…
I like to augment my homemade nachos with a little something more substantial, and make it more tasty with some great cheese.
The Mexican flavor is always welcomed by my family, and unlike some Mexican dishes, they don’t necessarily have much heat.
How to Make Nachos:
This recipe is quick & easy, as well as being so versatile. You can adjust this dish to whatever you have available or whatever your taste buds desire.
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Serve with: various toppings listed below
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15 – 17 min
Serves: 3 – 4 people
- 1 lb ground meat – beef, chicken or turkey
- ~ 10 oz tortilla chips
- 2 cups cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese – grated
- 4 1/2 oz can of chilies – drained; optional
- various toppings:
- Season & brown 1 lb ground meat, whether it’s beef, chicken, turkey or a mixture. Drain any excess grease.* Tip: This is how you turn nachos from a snack to a meal.
- Preheat broiler.
- On a large baking sheet, spread tortilla chips evenly.
- Sprinkle every tortilla with cooked ground beef, grated cheese, and chilies, if desired.
- Broil until cheese melt – about 3 min.
- Top with desired items such as: guacamole, sour cream, refried black or pinto beans, sliced jalapenos, chopped cilantro, scallions, salsa, hot sauce, juice of lime, etc.
- Serve ASAP while still hot.
This will stick to your bones a bit better than those stale chips & plastic-like cheese you’re served when you buy nachos at the movies.
National Nachos Day will be a fiesta now.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Tex-Mex Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Ground Beef Nachos: International Nacho Day
- How to Make All-Star Bean Dip
- How to Bake Homemade Tortilla Chips
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos
- How to Bake Crunchy Tortilla Chips: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta