It’s Lavender Lemon Water!
This hydration encourager, water mixed with hints of tasty herbs & fruit do the trick of getting you to drink more water, especially when your body needs it desperately in the heat of summer.
Lavender can be an “acquired taste” as it can taste very floral & perfumey or soapy…but that’s what I love about it. I love flavors in this realm – like Thrills gum, Musk Life Savers in Australia, rose water flavors.
Now, remember to experiment with flavors. You can add all sorts of interesting things to achieve flavorful waters you’ll love. Try cucumber, ginger, lime, cilantro, parsley, etc. You’ve got it…
I use cold water with this recipe, as boiling it can denature molecules in your ingredients. Changing them…making them less nutritious. So, leave it cold. The water will be infused with goodness relatively quickly!
Type: Drink Recipe
Serve with: a spoon
Prep Time: 5 min
Yield: 1 gallon
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 lemon – thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lavender buds – Epicureal Lavender Buds available @ Qualifirst.com
- 1 gallon cold water
- Wash lemon under cold water with soap to remove any waxy buildup, etc.
- Thinly slice lemon & add to pitcher.
- Measure out dried lavender buds and place into a tea ball. Secure it to the side of the pitcher. *Tip: If possible, use a tea ball for the lavender. This way it keeps the buds from floating around in the water, causing you to strain before serving.
- Add cold water to top up pitcher and allow flavors to mingle in refrigerator.
- Remove lemon slices after a few hours, and tea ball when desired lavender flavor is achieved. * Tip: Remove slices of lemon after a few hours, or water can get bitter from the pith.
- Serve directly or on ice.
* Tip: You can even freeze this water for tasty ice cubes to accentuate other drinks!
I hope you enjoy this Beverage Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Lavender Lemonade + Video
- How to Make Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea + Video
- How to Brew Cranberry Lemon Oil Iced Tea from Scratch
- How to Make Cucumber Lemon Ginger Detox Water + Video
- How to Make Kimberly’s Hot Lemonade