How to Make Jicama Salad:
Type: Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 35 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 medium-sized jicama – approximately 1 lb
- 3 cucumbers – peeled, seeded & halved lengthwise
- 4 medium-sized oranges
- 8 radishes – sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper – to taste
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 small red onion – sliced as thinly as possible.
- 2 tbsp cilantro – minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Peel jicama, cut in half lengthwise and cut into matchstick strips about 1/4 inch wide.
- Cut ends off of cucumbers and cut into 1/4 inch wide strips, similar to jicama.
- Peel oranges, remove any of the white pith, then cut off tips of each segment. Cut each segment in thirds.
- Into a large salad serving bowl, place jicama, oranges, radishes, cucumbers and onion tossing gently.
- Add in lime juice and allow salad to stand for about 15 min. Gently mix salad to coat vegetables with accumulated juices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, chili pepper, cilantro and paprika.
This salad can be made ahead without the lime juice or spices, which then can be added about 20 minutes prior to serving.
This recipe for How To Make Jicama Salad is a bit crunchy, spicy and very pretty to look at.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Jicama Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Spicy Cucumber & Mango Salad + Video
- How to Make Pico de Gallo Salsa: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Mexican Quinoa Salad + Video: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Savory Sauteed Papaya
- How to Make Cottage Cucumber Salad