This recipe How to Make Jalapeño Haskap Malbec Glaze for Poultry is a truly delicious glaze that brings out all the wonderful flavors of the poultry.
A sweet, spicy & savory blend of jalapeño pepper, haskap berry along with a Malbec wine out of Niagara makes for a gorgeous purple-crimson glaze perfect on the poultry of your choice, whether it is chicken, turkey, duck, even game hens.
Jalapeño Haskap Malbec Glaze for Poultry:
This recipe can be used to enhance any poultry dish.
For the glaze, the Jalapeño Haskap Relish is loosened up with olive oil and Rancourt Winery 2012 Malbec – a single varietal, limited vintage wine, which also adds another flavor component to the glaze.
This delightful wine is sometimes referred to as the liquid watermelon Jolly Rancher wine because of the subtle watermelon notes and deep sweetness of the wine. Because of these qualities, they work well in combination with the Jalapeño Haskap Relish for this poultry glaze.
Type: Glaze Recipe
Prep Time: 5 – 7 min
Yield: 3 – 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 4 – 5 pieces of chicken parts – washed & pat dry
- 3 heaping tsp jalapeño haskap relish – I used Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Malbec wine – I used Rancourt Winery 2012 Malbec.
- sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill on a hot setting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the basting sauce, combine 3 heaping tsp of Jalapeño Haskap Relish, loosened up with 1 tsp olive oil and about 1 tbsp Rancourt Winery 2012 Malbec wine, and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper. Mix together well.
- Note: You could use a red wine of your choice, if you don’t have this wine on hand.
- Brush the chicken with the basting glaze and place on the grill, adding more basting sauce as needed as you turn the chicken, and allow the outside of the chicken to brown up well.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and place a generous dollop of basting sauce on each piece of chicken, cook in the oven with a final application of the basting sauce and continue to cook until the chicken is done.
- Remove from oven & serve hot.
- Note: If you like, you could brush the remaining glaze on the chicken before serving.
This is an amazingly delicious dish, and I am sure you will want to use this glaze frequently to kick up the flavor of your poultry. It’s a surprisingly flavorful recipe with perfectly cooked chicken.
Try this recipe for How to Make Jalapeño Haskap Malbec Glaze for Poultry and add it to your favorite recipes.
- How to Grill Jalapeño Haskap Chicken + Video
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish
- How to Make Haskapa BBQ Glaze for Meats + Video
- How to Braise Haskapa Malbec Bratwurst + Video
- How to Make Haskapa Glaze for Poultry + Video