The first time I had Irish coffee was in San Francisco on vacation where dozens of people were crowded into a small bar, all waiting for their drink of Irish coffee.
I must say, it was very delicious and I have made it at home many times for guests & family alike.
How to Make Irish Coffee:
I like to serve Irish coffee in a large, clear, glass mug because it looks to appetizing and pretty, and these special mugs hold more volume than an ordinary mug.
I must say that I like mine with lots of whipped cream on top.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 – 40 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 oz good Irish whiskey
- 2 tsp brown sugar – more or less, to taste
- 6 oz hot strong black coffee – preferably brewed coffee
- 2 or 3 dollops of whipped cream – or more to taste
- Into a heated mug, pour Irish Whiskey and hot coffee.
- Stir in brown sugar and mix well.
- Float dollops of whipped cream on top
Serve this Irish Coffee immediately and enjoy, especially during a St.Patrick’s feast.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- A St. Patrick’s Day Menu from Web Chef, Kimberly Turner, on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- 4 Awesome St. Patrick’s Day Recipes Sure To Please
- Catch St. Patrick’s Day Fare on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’ with Kimberly
- How to Roast Whiskey Basted Peameal Bacon