Don’t you just love the way homes smell during the Holidays with spicy fragrances, and home cooking scents that inundate your smell receptors every time you walk into a guest’s house?
Beautiful, right? Well, of course, you want the same thing, don’t you?
Don’t you want people to walk in your home when you’re entertaining and say, “Wow, it smells divine in here!”?
I do! However, I don’t want to use chemical sprays, candles, or air fresheners, and I don’t want to spend all that money on them either…
…No worries! Use your food to make a fabulously scented pot pourri on your stove that will make your home smell scrumptious!
Using your citrus peelings and some spices in water on the stove can make you a fabulous pot pourri that not only freshens your home, makes you feel warm & cozy, uses up food peelings, is non-toxic and you can do it yourself!
Try this one out and experiment with other ingredients as well! Be sure to try out my Christmas Pot Pourri Recipe too!
Type: Recipes You Do Not Eat
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Peel from 1 large orange
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 dozen whole cloves
- water – to cover ingredients in pot
- In a small or medium sauce pot on medium-low heat, combine water and spices and allow to come to a nice simmer.
- As water evaporates or boils out, add more to cover fragrant ingredients. Enjoy the fresh scents from your very own pot pourri.
* Tip: You can just keep on adding to this mixture as you go over a few days.
I hope you enjoy this Citrus Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make Kimberly’s Christmas Pot Pourri
- How to Cook Lobster at Home
- How to Cook Mexican Quinoa Salad + Video: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Brew Rose Water Iced Tea + Video
- How to Cook Holiday Whipped Sweet Potatoes + Video