It exciting for me to share with you How to Make Haskapa Pear Mocktails – versatile for non-drinkers & drinkers alike.
The subtle addition of pear flavor with the gorgeously sweet & tangy haskap juice is an exciting one that will satisfy the young & the old.
Haskapa Pear Mocktails:
For dessert, I made Oven-Baked Spiced Pear & Rhubarb with Verjus in Stoneware Ramekins, and I wanted to make use of the leftover pear poaching liquid, so that serves as the base for these mocktails, which was 3 parts water to 1 part sugar, and I poached one pear in the liquid.
The haskap plant originated in Russia, but since it has been brought to Canada, most of the Canadian provinces are able to grow this plant which produces large, oval, dark purplish berries with deep crimson flesh. You can get more information on this product online:
I found this Haskapa Juice at my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is one of their two locations, with the other location being in St. Catharines, in southern Ontario. They carry a variety of high quality unique products, as well as offering superbly fresh produce from within a 100 mile radius, wherever possible. Stop in some time and check them out. Check them out online:
- You may want to serve these beverages over ice.
- You could garnish by hanging a piece of fruit over the edge of each glass or prior to pouring any liquid into the glasses, you could rub the rims with lemon and then roll the rims in sugar.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Prep Time: about 2 – 4 min
Yield: 2 eight oz beverages
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- Into two chilled, tall, fluted glasses, pour about 3 oz of cold Haskapa Juice into each glass.
- Follow by adding in about 6 oz of the cold pear poaching liquid to each glass, and give them a good stir.
I find this drink to be very delicious and refreshing and I would love to serve it to guests.
Some other ideas I have considered making, using similar ingredients are Peartinis or Spiced Haskapa Pear Punch.
Haskapa Pear Mocktails are a unique go-to when entertaining a group, or just serving two.
- How to Make Haskapa Lime Milkshakes + Video
- How to Make Haskap Citrus Cyclops Cocktails + Video: Homemade Halloween Treats
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Juice
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Chutney
- How to Make Haskapa Cranberry Sauce + Video