This delicious glaze for Haskapa BBQ Glaze for Meats contains some of my favorite flavorings.
This glaze caramelizes nicely and leaves a beautiful color, flavor & texture on your meats.
Haskapa BBQ Glaze for Meats:
The oval haskap berry resembles a blueberry, except it is about a half inch long. Like the blueberry, the color of the haskap berry is a frosty blueish-purple, with deep-crimson flesh.
The Haskap Jam, made by Haskapa is sweet, thick and chock full of juicy berries, perfect for making a glaze to enhance the flavor of meats. Being very versatile, it is suitable for flavoring many dishes.
To loosen up the glaze, I am using a Rancourt Winery 2012 Gewürztraminer, which enhances the glaze flavor greatly. It comes from a beautiful, local, boutique winery out of Niagara-on-the-Lake. It’s bright & fruity. You can find them online:
Type: Glaze Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Yield: about 1/8 cup
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 heaping tsp haskap jam – I used Haskapa Jam.
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp BBQ sauce – I used Napa Jack’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Gewürztraminer – I used Rancourt Winery 2012 Gewürztraminer.
- Whisk together in a bowl: Haskapa Jam, Napa Jack’s Original BBQ Sauce, Rancourt Winery 2012 Gewürztraminer.
- Add any of the optional ingredients desired.
- Use to glaze meat whether grilling, braising or roasting.
- How to Make Jalapeño Haskap Malbec Glaze for Poultry + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Jack’s Original BBQ Sauce
- How to Make Napa Jack’s Orange BBQ Basting Sauce + Video
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish
- Web Chef Review: Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Sauce