I am very pleased to share a recipe with you of How to Make Haskap Citrus Cyclops Cocktails, especially appropriate for Halloween parties and fun celebrations.
The pièce de résistance is the cyclops eyeball made of kiwi with the color variations of green, white & black. You could use a peeled lychee nut to get a cool effect as well.
Make this for a spooky Halloween party, or even for Christmas, believe it or not, with the glorious dark red coloring with a green & white ball in it is especially festive. Plus, you get to enjoy a tasty piece of fruit at the end.
Haskap Citrus Cyclops Cocktails:
The haskap berry plant originated in Russia and presently grows throughout most of Canada and the USA. The fruit is similar to a large blueberry. These berries are elongated, dark bluish purple in color with beautiful, crimson flesh, and a delicious sweet flavor.
I am going to add a tasty twist to the flavor of this cocktail by adding some amazing Neob Culinary Citrus Essential Oil. This oil is intense in orange flavor and is super delicious, adding a nice kick to the overall taste of this cocktail. Check them out online:
One of the other recipes in which I have used Neob Culinary Citrus Essential Oil, is for an amazing Zesty Orange Cheesecake.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 or 2 cocktails
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3/4 cup haskap juice – I used Haskapa Juice.
- 1 shot or 1.5 oz pear liqueur – I used Golden Pear Liqueur.
- 1 kiwi or lychee nut
- 1 or lime, lemon, orange, or tangerine wedge – even haskap juice would be okay
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 drops culinary citrus essential oil – I used Neob Culinary Citrus Essential Oil.
- several ice cubes
- Peel one kiwi carefully as not to score or deform the contents, which will represent the cyclops eye.
- Carefully, use a melon baller to cut a piece out of the kiwi, which will include the center portion that’s white with black seeds. You now have an eyeball.
- With the lime wedge, coat the rim of the glass with lime juice by encircling the rim.
- Place the sugar into a shallow dish and dip the glass into the sugar. Allow it to remain with the rim immersed in the sugar, for a few minutes and let it set and dry while you prepare the drink.
- Place some ice cubes into the shaker, and add the Haskapa Juice, Golden Pear Liqueur and a few drops of Neob Culinary Citrus Essential Oil, replace strainer and lid and shake to chill the drink.
- Place kiwi cyclops eye into the glass.
- Pour the chilled drink ingredients into the fluted champagne glass or martini glasses with kiwi eye ball in it.
This Haskap Citrus Cyclops Cocktail is a beautiful, deep burgundy, blood-red color smells absolutely fantastic, you can see the eyeball looking at you, and it also tastes heavenly.
Creepy and irresistible, the sweetness compliments the tang of the haskap berry juice and the citrus essential oil adds a delightful touch along with sugar rimming the glass, making an outstanding cocktail for Halloween or any other time you want a unique beverage.
Try this recipe for Haskap Citrus Cyclops Cocktail and see for yourself how wondrous it is.
- How to Make Haskapa Pear Mocktails + Video
- How to Make Haskapa Lime Milkshakes + Video
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish
- How to Make Haskapa Parfaits with Bee Pollen + Video
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Juice