Grape, Pear & Wheat Grass Juice is absolutely amazingly delicious, and I know you will be wanting to make it regularly.
Yes, it’s not only for health nuts, it’s also tasty with a unique flavor. It does a body good.
Wheat grass should be harvested when it is 6 – 7 inches high, and it will regenerate itself a couple of times. However, it won’t be as potent with subsequent regenerations.
- Tip: You can use the container to re-seed the wheat grass, and you will get a crop as good as the original one. It is fairly inexpensive, so you might think of just purchasing another container of wheat grass.
Grape, Pear & Wheat Grass Juice:
In this cooking show, I used Organic Wheat Grass Living Greens by Sprouts for Life that I got at Harvest Barn Country Markets. I just snip off what I need as close to the bottom of the grass as I can, and put the container holding the rest of the wheat grass to keep in my refrigerator. Check out my review below.
Video Review: Organic Wheat Grass Living Greens by Sprouts for Life
Harvest Barn Country Markets are located in:
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
- St. Catharines, ON
When juicing wheat grass, I have found that I need to place the wheat grass into the juicer with the tops going in first – for some reason it just yields more juice, and then I like to follow up with the hardest of the ingredients that I will be using to compress the wheat grass and push it through.
Type: Juice Recipe
Yield: about 3 cups
Prep Time: 5 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/4 apple – washed, cored & cut into a couple chunks
- 2 cups grapes
- 1 pear – cut into quarters, cored
- 1 handful of wheat grass – I used Organic Wheat Grass Living Greens by Sprouts for Life; rinse and shake out as much water as you can
- Place container to catch the juice under the spout. Place wheat grass into juicer with tops first, followed by a handful or two of grapes, and turn juicer switch on to start juice flowing.
- Follow with some apple, more grapes and a chunk of pear, and continue to juice. Then, finish with more apple, pear & grapes.
- Stir juice thoroughly before pouring to serve.
What a delicious, sweet juice! I could drink this every day, and I think you will enjoy juicing this recipe too.
Grape, pear and wheat grass juice is one of the very best combinations I’ve juiced – delicious & healthy!
- Web Chef Review: Organic Wheat Grass Living Greens by Sprouts for Life
- Web Chef Review: Roberto’s Pizzeria Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Baby Carrots at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Niagara Cuisine Verjus
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Brussel Sprouts at Harvest Barn Country Markets