This is Day Seven of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike! It’s also SuperBowl tomorrow…
One of my favorite things my mother makes every now and again is her Ginger Syrup.
What I love to do with it is add it to my beer for a fabulous flavor! That’s exactly what we are doing for SuperBowl…
We created a batch of this syrup and will use it in our Honey Brown Sleeman beer, and possibly our Dos Equis beer.
Type: Syrup Recipe
Serve With: Beer!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 cup ginger – sliced thinly
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- To a large sauce pot on medium heat, add water and ginger slices.
- Simmer and reduce until it’s about 1/2 the original volume – about 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and dissolve completely simmering – about 10 minutes.
- Cool and use as a sauce or add to beer for a fabulously flavored alcoholic beverage.
- Store in refrigerator.
I hope you enjoyed this Tailgating Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]ginger syrup, how to make syrup, how to make ginger syrup, ginger sauce, ginger syrup recipe, syrup recipe, ginger beer, tailgating treat, tailgating recipe, ginger recipe, Asian recipe[/tags]
- How to Make Alcoholic Ginger Beer: Upscale SuperBowl Treats
- How to Cook a Balsamic Reduction Sauce: Upscale Superbowl Treats
- How to Make Kimberly’s Easy Cream Sauce for Desserts
- How to Make Cranberry Cordial
- How to Cook Mushroom Risotto: Upscale SuperBowl Treats