This recipe for How to Make Frozen Orange Delight Desserts is such a delicious surprise for a dessert.
Tangy, creamy, fruity & sweet, these frozen delights will cool you off on a hot Summery day!
How to Make Frozen Orange Delight Desserts:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Freeze Time: 2 hrs
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 large navel oranges
- 5 cups frozen orange sorbet or orange sherbet
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, strawberries or sliced peaches
- few drops of preferred liqueur – optional
- Wash oranges and cut off a slice from the top of each orange – approximately 1/2 inch down, and set aside to use as a lid later.
- Take off a tiny slice from the bottom of each orange so it will stand upright without sliding off the tray.
- Hollow out the pulp from tops and bottoms.
- Place the orange shells and lids into freezer on a tray and freeze for a couple of hrs.
- Remove oranges from freezer and fill oranges with a combination of sherbet, ice cream, frozen fruit and liqueur.
- Return oranges to the freezer for 2 more hrs.
- About 20 min before serving dessert, remove oranges from freezer and replace lids on each orange at an angle.
- Serve on a tray lined with lime or lemon leaves, if you have them, or any other non toxic leaves and include one small leaf in the top with the lid.
This recipe for how to make Frozen Orange Delight Desserts requires no baking or cooking, and is sure to refresh and be a delight to your diners.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Memorial Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake + Video
- How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches at Home
- How to Make Kimberly’s Easy Cream Sauce for Desserts
- National Cherries Jubilee Day Deserves a Flambéed Recipe
- How to Make Iced Orange Grog with Rum: Father’s Day Flavor