Some folks relate their Christmas Joys to their annual indulgence in delicious Rum Balls.
However, these rum balls are perfect throughout the New Year’s Holiday too!
How to Make Chocolate Rum Balls:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: confectioners sugar
Prep Time: 30 – 40 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Storage: up to 3 weeks at room temperature in an airtight container
Yields: 72 one-inch rum balls
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar – plus extra to roll rum balls in after
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 tsp butter – melted
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup pecans – coarsely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, sift together confectioners sugar & cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whisk until well combined, rum, cooled melted butter & corn syrup. Add into cocoa mixture.
- Into mixture, stir vanilla wafer crumbs & pecans until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls between your palms.
- Roll in extra sifted confectioners sugar.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature between layers of wax paper for as long as 3 weeks.
- Note: If you prefer not to use nuts in this recipe, you could use rolled oats instead. Rolled oats impart a somewhat nutty flavor.
Enjoy your new family tradition making these lovely Rum Balls for Christmas treats!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Dessert Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Christmas Oatmeal Frosties
- How to Bake Mint and Parsley Doggy Biscuits
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- How to Bake Gingerbread Cookies: Gingerbread Day