…what a pain in the booty to have to run to the store and buy a container of bread crumbs. Especially when you can easily make them in your own kitchen from scratch in less time than running to the store and back to buy them.
You may use whatever type of bread you prefer or whatever you may have at home. Savory & sweet breads can work well too. You may use stale bread, day old bread or fresh bread.
Also, be sure to check out my Exciting Ideas on How to Crust Meat with Crumbs for cool ideas you may not have ever thought about.
Type: Breads Recipe
Use: Crumbs for meat, vegetables, top casseroles
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Yield: Approximately 4 slices bread = 1 cup breadcrumbs
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- bread – as much as you would like to use (1 cup crumbs = ~ 4 slices bread)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Slice, or bread pieces of bread into smaller pieces and arrange on a cookie sheet.
- Allow bread to toast and dry out in oven for approximately 10-15 mins.
- Using a food processor, or a resealable bag with a mallet, pulverize bread crumbs and store in an airtight bag or container.
* Tip: You can store these breadcrumbs in refrigerator or freezer very well in airtight container.
I promised to give you all the link to the Zwieback Buns Recipe I mentioned my mom baked.
I hope you enjoy this How to Cook Video on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Breadcrumb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Cook Grilled Cheese Chicken & Tomato Sandwiches
- How to Bake Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Cook Chicken Meatballs
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo