Apri-Nog is a gorgeous Christmas cocktail made with eggnog & apricot brandy.
Our family rings in the Holidays, especially Christmas Eve & Christmas morning, with a celebratory drink of eggnog with brandy to toast our family & the Christmas Season.
We usually had some really good quality brandy on hand, which we heated slightly in crystal brandy snifters – so warming on a snowy, wintery day. However, sipping a brandy & eggnog was so tasty & relaxing.
On one occasion, for some reason, we found that we had no brandy available after a Holiday party the night before. We did have quite a lot of eggnog in our refrigerator because our children like to drink eggnog on Winter’s Holidays, we had really stocked up on it.
So, I came up with a new, adult eggnog recipe using apricot brandy in place of regular brandy, which added an intense, sweeter & even more delicious flavor to an already delicious drink.
How to Make Apri-Nog Cocktails:
It can be prepared drink-by-drink, or in a large punch bowl. Serve with or without ice.
Type: Holiday Drink
Serve with: over ice with a sprinkle of nutmeg
Prep Time: 4 min
Serves: 1 cocktail
- Into a large brandy snifter, pour apricot brandy.
- Add in eggnog – purchased or make it yourself.
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top.
- Tip: If you wish to e totally decadent, you could top it off with a dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle the nutmeg on top of that.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Christmas Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Christmas Eggnog
- How to Make Kimberly’s Canadian Homemade Holiday Eggnog
- How to Make Kimberly’s Panama-Nog
- How to Make Coconut Cherry Victoria Cocktails: Victoria Day Recipes
- How to Make Horchata for all Occasions