Here’s How to Make a Harvest Barn Specialty Pizza just the way you like it.
We especially like to use vegetables and other products from Harvest Barn Country Markets because we like the freshness of their produce and other items.
Also, Harvest Barn makes it a policy to offer products to their customers that come from within a 100 mile radius of their locations, as much as this is possible. Their markets display their produce in such an inviting fashion, with their freshness and ripeness being evident. Among other items, they provide fresh baked goods, dairy products including cheeses, sauces, cured meats, condiments and of course fantastic fresh fruit and vegetables.
How to Make a Harvest Barn Specialty Pizza:
This dough comes packaged in a plastic bag, which is perfect for freezing the dough to use at your convenience at a later time.
- Note: We used a bit of flour to roll out the dough, so it doesn’t stick to the counter surface.
You can customize this recipe to meet your desires and preferences.
Type: Pizza Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 12 slices
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 package of whole wheat pizza dough – We used Roberto’s Pizzeria Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce – We used Marinelli’s Traditional Pizza Sauce.
- 1 large portabello mushroom – sliced
- 2 – 3 button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms – sliced
- 3 large white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 large yellow pepper – sliced into rings
- 1 medium-sized firm tomato – thinly sliced
- 10 fresh oregano leaves
- 8 – 10 green olives – sliced; We used Jesse Tree Pitted Green Olives.
- 3 tbsp olive oil – We used Olio Quattrociocchi Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 6 slices of sopressata – cut in half; We used Niagara Food Specialties Sopressata.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Mediterranean Feta Cheese – crumbled
- 1-3/4 cups mozzarella cheese – shredded
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F.
- In a rectangular 11 x 15 inch pan, brushed with olive oil, press the dough out to fit the pan, making a little rim around the edges to hold the sauce and ingredients in, and using fingertips, make indentations in the dough to give the sauce little pockets in which to pool.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive in saute pan and saute mushrooms until tender, but still firm, and set aside to be added to the pizza.
- Brush the pizza base with olive oil. Spread sauce all over the pizza base. * Note: If you put too much sauce on the pizza, it will get unpleasantly soggy.
- Begin with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce, saving about 1/2 cup for the top of the pizza.
- Start layering the vegetables on top of the mozzarella, beginning with the mushrooms, then peppers, tomato slices, followed by sopressata, olives, chili flakes, ground pepper, feta cheese, the rest of the mozzarella cheese, fresh oregano leaves and finally, a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake pizza in a 550 degree F oven for 12 – 15 min.
Serve piping hot alone or with a nice green salad.
Try out a recipe to make your own Harvest Barn Specialty Pizza too!
I hope you enjoy this Cooking with Kimberly Show on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Web Chef Review: Roberto’s Pizzeria Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Web Chef Review: Jesse Tree Pitted Green Olives
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Fresh Ontario Herbs
- Web Chef Review: Olio Quattrociocchi Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Mushrooms