However, isn’t it such a disappointment and a waste of calories when the fries you’ve been craving turn out to be cold, soggy, or too salty…whatever the case may be.
If I’m going to waste those calories, I want to be sure I get exactly what I want every single time.
The next time you’re going through the drive-thru at McDonald’s or eating inside a restaurant, when you order your fries, ask for them not to be salted.
The Reason: As soon as those golden fries come out of the fryer, they immediately douse and toss them in their salt. The remaining batch ALWAYS has salt on them.
If you ask for no salt, they will automatically have to make a fresh batch of French fries in order to accommodate your request. Give you your unsalted fries, then salt the remaining fries for subsequent customers.
This works great for me, because I don’t cook with a lot of salt, and reduce salt in my diet as much as possible.
If you’re ever wondering how fresh those fries really are at 3:00am in the morning from Mc D’s, then try this tactic. You should get fresh, hot, golden fries every time. Then, if you want salt, ask for salt on the side…
* This tip was given to me by my best friend…Smarty pants!
I hope you enjoyed this Restaurant Tip on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
fries photo: skew.dailyskew
- What McDonald’s Food Contains the Most Calories?
- Review: Steamed Hot Chocolate at William’s Fresh Cafe
- Happy National Potato Month & a Favorite Spud Recipe
- Great Wings & Pizza at J Rocks Bar & Pizza in St. Catharines, Ontario
- How to Cook BBQ Smoked Paprika Canadian Fries: Canada Day Cookout