This delicious and quick recipe for How to Grill Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rubbed Eggplant is a great side dish to serve with any entrée.
Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rub is a premium rub containing rosemary, fennel, chili flakes, chili powder, sugar, lemon peel and sun dried tomato – a great combination to impart optimum flavor to your eggplant dish.
Since eggplant has such a neutral taste, it loves to absorb the flavors of herbs and spices as well as liquids and oils.
Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rubbed Eggplant:
- Note: You can use any type of eggplant you wish.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time:15 – 20 min
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 large eggplant – rinsed, dried, ends trimmed off
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rub
- ~ 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your BBQ grill.
- Slice eggplant into 1 – 1 1/2 inch thick medallions and place on a large tray.
- Lightly coat all slices with olive oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle both sides of all eggplant slices with Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rub and pepper.
- Lay slices on hot grill and allow to remain until nice grill marks have formed – about 5 min. Then, move the slices 1/4 turn to get crosshatch grill marks, and allow to remain for about 2 or 3 min more.
- Turn slices over and do the same on the other side.
- Transfer eggplant slices to a tray and serve while piping hot. You could sprinkle a bit more of the rub on the slices at this time, if desired.
How tasty! We should eat eggplant more often – it is so delicious with this wonderful rub on it, and the flavors have absorbed so well into the eggplant.
This show is brought to you by Wine Country Kitchens – They bring the Napa Valley…to your table.
Do try this Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rub to flavor any number of dishes – I’m sure you will be pleased with how it boosts the flavor of so many recipes.
- Web Chef Review: Napa Jack’s Napa Valley Rub
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Top Sirloin Steaks + Video
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Chipotle & Honey Rubbed Corn-on-the-Cob + Video
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Bourbon BBQ Pork Side Ribs + Video
- How to Make Napa Jack’s Orange BBQ Basting Sauce + Video