Use this recipe for How to Grill Jalapeño Haskap Chicken to try something new and different to treat your chicken.
Grilled Jalapeño Haskap Chicken:
The haskap berry imparts fabulous flavor to any dish. The Haskapa brand is out of Nova Scotia and they have a fabulous line of products that contain the haskap berry.
I have tried these products and each one is better than the last so I can’t choose a favorite. I hope you make a point of acquainting yourself with the Haskapa products. You can find them online:
The haskap berry bush originated in Russia and is now grown in most of the Canadian provinces. Haskap is a purplish berry, oval in shape and about an inch long, with sweet crimson flesh that is perfect for jams, relish, chutney and juice.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Grill Time: about 10 min
Roast Time: 30 – 35 min
Yield: 3 – 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 chicken quarters – washed & pat dry; cut into halves
- 2 – 3 heaping tsp Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish
- 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tbsp to brush on chicken
- 1 tbsp red wine – I used Rancourt Winery 2012 Malbec.
- 2 sprinklings of freshly ground black pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat your grill on high heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Haskapa Jalapeño Relish, 1 tbsp olive oil, pepper & wine, and stir through to mix well to make the glaze.
- Brush chicken with olive oil, coating it completely. Massage oil into the chicken well.
- Season chicken by sprinkling with black pepper & sea salt on both sides.
- Brush glaze on skin side of chicken and place chicken, skin side down, on the hot grill. Then brush the top side with glaze.
- Allow chicken to remain on grill until grill marks are formed. Rotate chicken 1/4 turn to get cross hatch grill marks.
- Turn chicken over and repeat.
- Baste top sides of chicken for a second time.
- Transfer chicken to a greased baking sheet, and apply another coat of glaze, including some whole berries on top of each piece of chicken.
- Place chicken in oven to cook until chicken is done and juices run clear – about 30 – 35 min.
Serve chicken with some of the delicious Haskapa Jalapeño Haskapa Relish on the side or in a small dish for each diner to serve themselves as they wish, and bring this meal to the table with well deserved pride.
- How to Make Jalapeño Haskap Malbec Glaze for Poultry + Video
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish
- How to Make Haskapa Glaze for Poultry + Video
- How to Grill Haskapa Smoked Paprika Pork Riblets + Video
- How to Cook Jalapeño Haskap Glazed Pork Side Ribs + Video