…not only because it tastes amazing, or smells mouthwatering, but because it`s so quick and easy to make too.
You will likely have all of the ingredients you`ll need, and you can whip up a quick breakfast in a jiffy!
So delicious, this Classic Recipe is something you will always love.
Serve With: Canadian maple syrup and/or powdered sugar
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 5-7
Yield: 6 pieces
- 6 pieces bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat large frying pan on medium low heat with 1 tbsp butter.
- Break egg into a wide, shallow bowl & beat with a fork until scrambled. * Tip: You may use a shallow baking dish as well, such as an 8? x 8? dish.
- Add milk, salt and vanilla extract and mix until evenly combined.
- Gently place bread into egg mixture and allow to soak up liquid, then gently turn over and repeat. * Tip: Depending on thickness and hardness of the bread you are using, soaking times will vary. For example: Regular, white, sliced bread, such as Wonder Bread, you will only soak for a few seconds on each side. For French bread/baguette, you will want to soak longer to soften up the crust.
- Put about 1 tbsp of butter in pan to begin with and allow to melt and slightly sizzle. When it is “fragrant” or you can smell the butter, the pan is ready for you to gently place the bread into the pan. * Tip: Do not allow butter to turn brown before putting in bread. * Tip: Do not overcrowd or pile bread on top of each other in pan.
- Allow the first side of the bread to lightly brown (about 3-4 min), then gently flip until the other side is brown (about 2 more minutes or so).
- Serve with Canadian maple syrup and/or powdered sugar and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Bread Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Egg Nog French Toast
- How to Cook French Toast: National French Toast Day
- How to Bake Easy Bread Rhubarb Apple Cobbler
- How to Make Grilled Honey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
- How to Bake Bread Pudding