Stewed Prunes are an old, classic fruit stew, and most think it to be for “old people,” but the fact remains, it’s tasty!
A healthy snack that’s ever-so-tasty made this way…stewed.
How to Cook Stewed Prunes:
We are quite fond of stewed prunes in our house, and numerous versions of them too. My basic recipe follows.
- Tip: If your prunes call for soaking on their package, follow those instructions. Then, follow the recipe below.
Type: Stew Recipe
Serve with: ice cream, if desired
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: ~ 35 min
- 1 lb prunes – pitted
- water – to cover prunes in a pot
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon – sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cover prunes with cold water in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer for 25 min.
- Add sugar, to your taste.
- Cook for 5 min more with the addition of lemon & cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cold.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Dessert Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- 2 Prune Recipes for Four Prunes Day
- How to Cook Prunes Stewed in Orange Juice
- How to Cook Kasper Family German Holiday Moos
- How to Make Great Applesauce: It’s National Apple Month
- How to Make Hot & Spicy Toddies: Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day