Fish & seafood create quick, hearty bisques as they are full of flavor & are easily prepared.
When bisque is served, present some seafood pieces outside the bowls.
How to Cook Seafood Bisque:
To prepare seafood bisque, use fresh fish. You can use frozen, but the flavor will be better the fresher it all is.
Be sure not to overcook the fish or shellfish. Poach them separately to better control the conditions.
Type: Soup Recipe
Serve with: fresh, crusty Italian bread & fresh seafood to share
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 30 min
Serves: 8 cups
- 2 medium lobsters – boiled
- 2 filets of fish – poached
- 14 shrimp – boiled, peeled
- 10 scallops – poached
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk – hot
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 onion – unpeeled
- 6-8 peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cream – hot
- salt & pepper – to taste
- sprinkle parsley
- sprinkle paprika
- Poach and boil fish & shellfish, and then dice it all.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot.
- Whisk in flour and slowly add hot milk.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Simmer covered for 4 min. Remove from heat.
- In a saute pan, heat chicken broth, celery ribs, onion, peppercorns, clove & bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Strain & add to liquid to soup pot mixture.
- Stir in diced seafood and hot cream.
- Adjust salt & pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with minced parsley & paprika.
Use this recipe any day, not just on National Seafood Bisque Day! Let me know how you like it.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Seafood Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Chicken a la King: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood
- October is National Seafood Month: Celebrate with Gumbo
- How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Asian Chicken Stew with Rice