This recipe is adapted from one I saw Gordon Ramsay do in his own home for his wife’s brunch in bed.
You don’t know what you’re missing, if you haven’t had this “grown-up”, gourmet version of scrambled eggs. Try it, you’ll be oh-so-glad you did! Extra creamy & rich, this will truly satisfy your breakfast & brunch cravings.
Perfect for yourself, your loved ones, and company, this is a versatile & very impressive dish that’s easy to make and inexpensive to produce.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: truffle oil drizzled on top
Prep Time: 8 mins
Bake Time: 12 mins
Yield: 2 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 large onion – thinly sliced
- 5-6 mushrooms – variety; thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – 1 1/2 cloves minced, 1/2 clove whole
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley – minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese – grated
- 1 heaping tbsp creme fraiche or plain Balkan yogurt
- 2 pieces of fresh bread – Italian, French, Brioche, Zwieback, Rye, or whatever kind you prefer
- truffle oil – optional
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Prepare onions, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, crack eggs into a bowl, grate cheddar cheese, and set out other ingredients prior to starting this meal.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Pre-heat 1 tbsp olive oil & 1 tbsp butter in a medium sauce pot on low heat.
- Add thinly sliced onions to large frying pan sauteing on medium heat until they start to look translucent, then add mushrooms to the pan a few minutes later, followed by the minced garlic a few minutes afterward.
- Add cracked eggs to the preheated sauce pot and increase heat to maximum, ensuring you continuously stir and scrape the eggs off the bottom and sides of the pot. * Tip: If the mixture starts to stick to the pot or cook to quickly, simply continue stirring and remove from heat til it cools down a bit, then return to the heat to finish cooking. * Note: Eggs will be creamy, consistently smooth, and still wet in nature. However, the eggs will be cooked sufficiently and correctly in approximately 8-10 mins. Remove from heat.
- In a toaster oven, oven or toaster, lightly-medium toast bread.
- Deglaze the frying pan with onions & mushrooms with white wine, if desired, reduce liquid and remove from heat.
- On a heat proof surface, place pot with egg mixture, and stir in grated cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in creme fraiche or plain yogurt until combined evenly. Stir in fresh parsley, reserving about 1 tbsp to top dish.
- Assemble meal on plates starting with toast rubbed gently with the whole 1/2 clove garlic. Top with egg mixture, and top that with the onion/mushroom mixture. Garnish with fresh parsley sprinkled on top and lightly drizzle with truffle oil.
I hope you enjoyed this How to Cook Video on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Mushrooms with Port Wine and Balsamic Sauce
- How to Cook Escargots on Garlic Toast
- How to Cook Impromptu Linguine with Meatballs: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Make Grandma Kasper’s Fabulous Potato Salad: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla