…It’s the perfect time of year to break out these bad boys and explore the tastes of the world inside of your oven.
Moos is an Eastern European fruit stew ate for dessert, or as a condiment for dinner.
Now, I’ve shown you How to Cook Rhubarb Moos before, but in a large soup pot.
These are individual portions of goodness that you can customize for each person’s tastes, if you so desire. I do this all the time, creating special soups, stews and pot pies to everyone’s preferences.
These Vyatka Ceramic Stoneware Ramekins are from FromRussia.com.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve With: swirl of cream or scoop of ice cream
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 30 -45 min
Yield: Serves 2
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb – fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup liquid – water or tea
- 1.25 tbsp cornstarch
- 1.25 tbsp cold water
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split rhubarb and sugar between 2 ramekins placed on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 1.5 tbsp sugar in each, as well as 1 dollop of butter in each ramekin, and a dash of salt.
- Pour 1/4 cup liquid in each.
- Put lids on ramekins and put in oven for about 30 min.
- While cooking, whisk together cornstarch and cold water.
- Take out of oven, and taste test for sweetness. Adjust with sugar, if needed.
- Pour cornstarch mixture in each ramekin equally. Stir gently.
- Put back into oven to cook for another 10 minutes with lids on.
- Remove from oven and serve with a swirl of cream or a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
- Check out all my Stoneware Ramekin Recipes!
I hope you enjoy this Rhubarb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Pluma Moos in Stoneware Ramekins + Video
- How to Cook Rhubarb Moos
- Web Chef Review: Vyatka Ceramics Stoneware Ramekin Set with Fork
- How to Oven-Bake Spiced Pear & Rhubarb with Verjus in Stoneware Ramekins + Video
- How to Cook Kasper Family German Holiday Moos