Spice up your plate tonight with Pan Sauteed Wasabi Crusted Salmon!
Tonight, I’m cooking salmon, but I wanted to pan sauté it with a bit of a new flare.
Pan Sauteed Wasabi Crusted Salmon:
If you’re not into salmon, why not try my Perfect Pan Sauteed Tilapia Recipe.
Type: Fish Recipe
- 1 salmon filet
- 3/4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup wasabi peas – ground/pulverized in food processor
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- Pre-heat a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Rinse salmon under cold water and pat dry.
- Pulverize/Grind wasabi peas in food processor and pour into a large plate or into a pan to dredge salmon lightly on both sides.
- On medium heat, heat olive oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- When butter is fragrant, arrange lightly dredged salmon in pan and sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper, and allow to cook for about 5 min, or until golden brown on bottom.
- * Tip: Lightly shake pan back and forth to ensure fish doesn’t stick after about 3 min of cooking. Don’t move fish around more than you have to…It will break apart.
- Using a large spatula, flip fish over, sprinkle freshly cracked black pepper, and cook until golden brown – ~ 4 min.
This is a great way to use wasabi peas and infuse the salmon with that great, spicy flavor! Mmm…serve with lemon, if desired.
- How to Cook Perfect Pan Sauteed Tilapia
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Hearty Salmon Chowder
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Super Salmon Cakes
- How to Cook Sauteed Cucumbers