Open-Faced Steak Sandwiches are a really tasty & quick go-to meal.
A change for something different is called for when it’s leftover week!
A welcome change at our house is open-faced steak sandwiches with a beautiful array of luscious mushrooms.
How to Cook Open-Faced Steak Sandwiches:
When I purchase a beef roast, I usually cut 10 – 12 very, very thin pieces, 1/4 inch thick or less, from one end to save for open-faced steak sandwiches. These cuts are good quality, cook quickly & are really delicious.
Each serving requires about 3 or 4 slices of beef, and set aside while preparing the mushrooms – about 10 – 15 min. Then, using a piping hot skillet, sear each side of the slices. That’s all it takes to cook the meat!
You’ll then immediately transfer the steak slices to top a toasted & lightly buttered piece of crusty bread, place another piece of toast on top, and the rest of the prepared beef on top. Smother with mushrooms & serve. Ready in a jiffy!
I you like, you can add green peppers with the mushrooms. Also, it may be a nice touch, if you feel like it, to create a nice gravy to pour over to of the sandwiches. Yum…
My recipe yields enough for 4 healthy servings.
Type: Sandwich Recipe
Serve with: gravy
Prep Time: 8 – 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 12 mushrooms – button, crimini, shiitake, oyster or chanterelles
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove – whole to rub pan or minced to add to mushrooms
- 12 – 16 beef slices – very, very thin
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Sauté mushrooms using a combination of sliced mushrooms in butter in a pan rubbed with a clove of garlic or a minced clove of garlic added to the mushrooms, as desired.
- Sauté until cooked through in a hot, hot pan, stirring constantly until they are done.
- When cooked, add heavy cream.
- Remove from the heat & stir through.
- Correct seasonings, if necessary, and lavish on top of lightly buttered toast.
Create a gravy to pour over top, if desired.
These Open-Faced Steak Sandwiches are always welcomed by the young & old.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Roast of Beef on the BBQ: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Cook Mushroom Wine Sauce
- How to Bake Lamb with Oregano in Parchment
- How to Cook Meatballs & Gravy + Video
- How to Grill a Top Sirloin Steak