A surprising & flavorful side dish that’s easy to prepare is Mashed Celeriac!
How to Cook Mashed Celeriac:
- Tip: Be patient & careful when peeling celeriac, as it has a very tough skin. Take your time.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 4 – 5 servings
- 1 large or 2 small celeriac roots – scrubbed, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley – chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- dash ground sage
- 1 large carrot – peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 large potatoes – peeled and cut into small cubes
- salt & freshly ground pepper – to taste
- In a large pot containing just enough water to cover the vegetables, bring celeriac, carrot and potatoes to a boil. Add salt and lemon juice.
- Cook vegetables until they are fork tender.
- Drain vegetables. To vegetables in pot, add in butter, milk, sage and salt and pepper to taste, and mash them to a puree texture, adding more milk or butter, as desired.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of mashed celariac.
Serve mashed celeriac as a side dish with any meal & watch it disappear quickly!
This recipe for how to cook Mashed Celariac is very flavorful and easy to prepare, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Mother’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes + Video: Tailgating Central
- How to Cook Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes + Video
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to Cook Colcannon + Video: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes