How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew:
Type: Stew Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 – 40 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 cooked lobsters – cracked with all meat removed, chopped into large chunks
- 5 potatoes – peeled, cut into eights
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or fish broth
- juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook potatoes until fork tender, but remaining whole.
- In large sauce pan or dutch oven, melt butter, and lightly saute onion until just tender.
- Whisk in flour and stirring constantly, cook until slightly golden. Then, add in chicken or fish broth and a bay leaf, continuing to stir vigorously until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in Irish whiskey, and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in potatoes, 3/4 of lobster meat, and lemon juice.
- Remove from heat, stir in heavy cream, and garnish with parsley & remaining lobster chunks.
This is a superb lobster offering and this Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew will be a real hit for any meal.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Irish Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Zuppa Tuscana + Video: Mother’s Day Delights
- National Corned Beef Hash Day is Here with a Great Recipe
- How to Make Vichyssoise Soup: National Vichyssoise Day
- How to Cook Hearty Salmon Chowder