An impressive Fall or Winter idea is Skewered Lamb with Peppers, Sweet Potatoes & Pears.
These skewers can be served up as an appetizer or triple them up & serve them as an entrée.
How to Cook Lamb Skewers with Peppers, Sweet Potato & Pear:
Since the lamb you will be using here, you will already have partly cooked, whether you lightly grill or roast it to rare, they will only need to be grilled long enough to cook the vegetables once assembled.
Type: Appetizer or Entrée Recipe
Serve with: tzatziki or sour cream & ricotta mixed with spices & herbs, on a bed of fresh mint
Prep Time: 18 min
Pre-Assmebly Cook Time: 10 – 15 min
Grill Time (to finish): 8 – 10 min
Yields: 18 skewers for an Appetizer; 6 servings for an Entrée @ 3 skewers each using 8-10 inch skewers
- 3 – 4 lb leg, loin or shoulder of lamb – grilled or partly roasted to very rare; cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes or into strips 1/4 – 1/2 inch wide & 4 inches long
- 2 1/2 cups sweet potatoes – cubed, sauteed
- 2 1/2 cups peppers – red or green, cubed
- 3 1/2 cups pears – firm, barely ripe, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 cherry tomatoes – one per skewer
- 18 grapes – large & firm; one per skewer
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 min prior to assembling.
- Cut lightly grilled or roasted lamb, that is very rare, into 1 1/2 inch cubes or into slices that are 1/4 – 1/2 inch wide, and 4 inches long.
- Cut vegetables into 1 1/2 inch cubes or chunks. Saute the sweet potatoes.
- Skewer the lamb chunks alternating with fruit & vegetable chunks, or skewer lamb strips ribbon-style, alternating the fruit & veggies, accordingly. * Tip: If you use lamb cubes, the process is simple to alternate with other items.
- Brush skewered items with olive oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Cook on the grill to finish, or put into the oven for 8 – 10 min on 375 degrees F, just until the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve each skewer separately or on a bed of fresh mint with tzatziki, or mix sour cream & ricotta sprinkled with your favorite spices or herbs, seasoned to your taste.
These Lamb Skewers with Peppers, Sweet Potatoes & Pears are a winner all around, even kids love them because they’re colorful & fun to eat.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Lamb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Grill Fruit Kebabs
- How to BBQ Mole Chicken Side Skewers + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly
- How to Make Easy Skewered Kebabs with Dip: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Cook Shrimp Kebabs
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower + Video