You will be so happy to have this recipe for Kampot Pepper Apricot Brandy Sauce on hand to enhance the flavors of your favorite dishes.
This is a smooth, delicious sauce that goes well with barbequed foods, as well as oven roasted meats adding an elegant touch to any dish. Try it on pork, steak, chicken, and even fish or seafood would benefit from this flavor profile with a splash of citrus.
On this night, I served it on top of BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts…Check out that recipe!
How To Cook Kampot Pepper Apricot Brandy Sauce:
I did not get this Kampot Pepper at my grocer. You can find it @:
Type: Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 1 1/3 cups
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- shallots – If using fresh chopped shallots, you would need about 1/4 cup, but if using dried shallots use 1 heaping tsp.
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Kampot peppercorns – ground coarsely
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- dash of sea salt
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil and place shallots in pan to saute on medium heat until heated through, but not browned. * Tip: If using fresh shallots, cook only until they are translucent.
- Add in apricot brandy and allow to gently simmer until alcohol is cooked away and the mixture is reduced by about half – approximately 5 min.
- Add chicken broth, and cook to reduce for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, Kampot pepper and cream to mixture and allow to heat through on low heat, while gently stirring to combine all the ingredients, cooking for about 3 minutes. * Tip: Do not overcook because you want the parsley to retain its’ fresh flavor and the cream to retain its’ smooth texture.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt to taste.
When you use this recipe on for Kampot Pepper Apricot Brandy Sauce, you will be amazed at how intensely flavorful it is and I am sure you will find many uses for it.
I hope you enjoy this Kampot Pepper Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to Cook Mushroom Wine Sauce
- How to Cook Hearty Salmon Chowder
- How to Cook ‘You’ll Never Believe It’s Healthy’ Creamy Mushroom Linguine
- How to Cook Chicken a la King: Mother’s Day Delights