Another wonderful recipe for Irish Stew of which all Irish households have their own version.
Once again, each home boasts that theirs is the best…
How to Cook Irish Stew:
Type: Stew Recipe
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 45 min – 1 hr
Yields: 8 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless lamb
- 2 parsnips – peeled, cut into chunks
- 5 – 6 cups water or stock – as needed
- 5 potatoes – peeled & quartered
- 2 onions – sliced
- 1 1/2 cups leeks – chopped
- 4 large carrots – peeled, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary – chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- In a stock pot on medium, heat olive oil.
- Add in lamb and stir until browned evenly, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, parsnips & carrots, and cook with meat for 5 – 6 minutes. Stir in water or broth, bay leaf, thyme & cayenne pepper.
- Cover & bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to a simmer for at least one hour or until the meat is tender.
- Add in potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Add in rosemary & leeks, continuing to simmer until potatoes are cooked through, but remain whole.
This Irish Stew is best served hot garnished with parsley.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Extraordinary Oxtail Stew
- How to Cook Hearty Lamb Stew
- How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- A National Gumbo Day Recipe: Ooh Wee!
- How to Cook Brussel Sprouts & Chestnuts