Huevos Rancheros is a gorgeous breakfast, different than what you’re probably used to on a daily basis.
How to Cook Huevos Rancheros:
Any salsa can be served with this classic Mexican dish, along with chorizo & refried beans. Heat & keep warm 2 cups salsa.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 – 9 large eggs – as many as you feel you need to serve everyone
- salt & pepper – to taste
- salsa – warm; to serve with
- Monterrey Jack or queso fresco – for on top
- Heat peanut oil over medium-high heat until hot in a frying pan.
- One at a time, fry corn tortillas for a couple of seconds on each side.
- Drain on paper towels & keep warm, wrapped in foil in a 200 degree F oven.
- On medium-low heat, add a little more oil, if needed, and break eggs into the skillet.
- Allow to cook until they are set, sunny-side up, or as you wish. Cover the pan for about a minute & season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Warm 4 plates, and place a tortilla on each plate. Top with 1, 2 or 3 eggs. Place a generous dollop of salsa around each egg.
- Serve at once sprinkled with cheese of choice – Monterrey Jack, queso fresco, farmer’s cheese or feta & cilantro.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Homemade Tortilla Chips
- How to Bake Chiles Rellenos
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos
- How to Cook Tomato, Ham & Cheese Quesadillas
- How to Cook Spicy Cream Cheese Stuffed Tortilla Rolls