Honey Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham makes a great Christmas dinner entrée that is fantastic as a main dish, or served along with your Christmas turkey.
This spiral sliced ham comes with a packet containing the already prepared honey glaze and cooking instructions.
I like to cook this ham according to my own instructions because I add more liquid to make sure the ham maintains plenty of moisture. The glaze packet that comes with the ham is very delicious, but if you prefer to make your own glaze, or add to the glaze packet, definitely do so.
Honey Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham:
Review: Schinkel's Legacy Honey Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham
Type: Entrée Recipe
Yield: at least 20 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 – 12 min/lb (1 1/2 – 2 1/4 hrs total)
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- one 10 – 12 lb honey glazed spiral sliced ham – together with the honey glaze packet
- ~ 1 cup apple cider or other liquid
- 2 – 4 whole cloves
- 1 large bay leaf
- Have available a roasting pan or baking pan, large enough to hold the ham, and roomy enough to allow space for any liquid that may accumulate during the cooking process, as well as the apple cider, which will be added.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Remove the plastic wrap holding the ham and the bone guard.
- Generously grease or spray the baking pan.
- Place the spiral sliced ham into the baking pan, with the flat side down.
- Pour apple cider into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the cloves and bay leaf into the apple cider liquid.
- Loosely cover the ham with an aluminum foil tent – shiny side down.
- You will probably need to use 2 pieces of foil.
- Spray the under-side (shiny side) of the foil, so the meat doesn’t stick to the foil.
- Place ham into the oven at 250 degrees for about 1 – 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove the ham from the oven and check to be sure there is still sufficient cider or other liquid in the baking pan to keep the ham moist. Loosely re-cover with foil.
- Return ham to the oven and cook for another 1/2 – 3/4 hr.
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a small pot, then remove the pot from the heat and immerse the glaze packed in the hot water and allow the glaze packet to heat through thoroughly – about 10 min.
- When the ham is done and ready to come out of the oven, pour the honey glaze from the packet into a small bowl.
- Using a pastry brush, generously cover the ham with the glaze. Turn the ham on its side and thoroughly cover all sides with the glaze. Return the ham to the oven for about 1/2 hr – 45 min.
- Note: You could give the ham two coats of glaze, if desired.
- Return the ham to the oven (without the foil) for about 20 – 30 min, until the glaze has slightly darkened and set nicely. Remove from oven.
- Transfer the spiral ham to a serving tray. Using the cider liquid from the bottom of the pan, brush the ham until all sides are glistening.
We calculated that this spiral ham yields about 40 slices, plus a good amount of meat that is still attached to the bone. Not only do you have enough meat to serve a couple of servings to each of your guests and family, but you will have plenty for sandwiches and leftovers for snacks.
Do make it a point to prepare a lovely spiral ham using this recipe for how to cook a Honey Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham – it is sure to be a winner!
- How to Cook Apricot Honey Ham
- How to Cook Glazed Pork with Fig Stuffing
- How to Cook Jalapeño Haskap Glazed Pork Side Ribs + Video
- How to Make ‘Bobbin’ for Honey Brown Apple Cider’
- How to Roast Haskap Glazed Holiday Turkey + Video