Most every family, and from young to old, enjoy s a nice, hot platter of nachos. I know we all do, and we use this basic recipe below.
How to Cook Ground Beef Nachos:
- Tip: If we want this to serve us as a meal, we add sauteed & browned ground meat prior to melted cheese. It’s great either way.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve with: with rice, if desired
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 25 min
Serves: 10 servings
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1 – 2 cups ground beef – browned; you may also use shredded chicken, pork, beef – you get the idea
- 1 2/3 cups cheddar – grated
- 1 2/3 cups Monterrey Jack – grated
- green chilies – finely chopped, to taste
- 1/2 green pepper – sliced & sauteed
- 1/2 onion – sliced & sauteed
The toppings you choose will vary based upon what you like, and what you don’t, as well as what you have in the house at the time.
Below, I’ve given some popular options we love. You may heat these ingredients under the broiler with the nachos, or add them at the end…it’s up to you!
- sour cream
- pinto or black beans – drained, rinsed & heated
- sliced jalapeños
- chopped scallion
- chopped cilantro
- dollops of refried beans
- salsa – of course
- hot sauce
- lime wedges
- Preheat your broiler.
- Spread tortilla chips on a heatproof platter or large cookie sheet.
- If you want to add ground beef, sprinkle 1 -2 cups on top.
- Evenly spread sauteed onions & green pepper.
- Sprinkle on top the cheddar & Monterrey Jack cheese, as well as a few chilies, based upon how spicy you like your nachos to be.
- Broil until the cheese is melted & bubbly – about 1 – 3 min.
- Add the toppings of your choice – some ideas are listed above.
If you add the refried and/or other beans along with the sauteed ground beef or chicken, you have a heartier, more nutritious dish, which can make a good meal, as well as a snack.
International Nacho Day is here, but nachos should be celebrated more than once a year!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Food Holiday on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Meal Nachos: National Nachos Day
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos
- How to Make Beef Burritos: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Make All-Star Bean Dip
- How to Cook Huevos Rancheros