I also love to eat them the same way a lot.
However, I will mix it up a bit with a more brown butter sauce than the typical butter, salt & pepper.
Green beans are perfect on their own just like that, but butter, salt & pepper are the best accompaniments you can find for them.
Here’s my Green Beans with Buerre Brun Sauce, which just means brown butter.
These are so easy to cook right on your stove top, and will give you a slightly nutty flavor that’s very delicious with green beans!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: as a side dish with a meal of chicken, pork, fish, beef
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 handfuls of green beans – washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt – + to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- water – to boil beans
- Boil 3/4 pot of water in a medium sauce pot on high heat with 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- As quickly as you can, wash & trim green beans and put into pot of water on stove.
- Once water reaches the boil, turn down to a simmer and cook green beans until fork tender, approximately 15-20 mins, depending upon freshness.
- Drain green beans into a colander in sink.
- Replace pot back onto element on stove with butter on medium heat and allow to sizzle until just past the “fragrant” point where the butter is very buttery smelling in the kitchen as it cooks. The butter will turn slightly brown.
- Immediately add green beans back to pot and shake to coat green beans with butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve with dinner.
I hope you enjoy this Bean Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter
- How to Boil Green Beans
- How to Cook Purple Pole Beans
- How to Cook Terrific Mashed Turnip
- How to Cook Saffron Mushroom Rice