We typically used to make white wine & garlic mussels before we tried these bad boys…
Here’s how to make them and enjoy them in such a delicious way!
Type: Seafood Recipe
Serve With: Rice, fried pitas or papadums
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: Serves 4 – 1st course
- 2 lbs fresh mussles in shell
- 1/2 large onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tbsp curry paste – I prefer Patak’s brand.
- 1/2 pkg creamed coconut
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan Style.
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Pre-heat large frying pan with lid on medium high heat and chop onions.
- Add coconut oil to pan along with onions and sautee until soft.
- Add minced garlic, lime leaves, bay leaf and curry paste to frying pan and turn down to medium heat.
- Sauté until soft and evenly combined.
- Add white wine, lime juice, creamed coconut, coconut milk and yogurt. Combine and heat until simmering.
- Add scrubbed, cleaned, fresh mussels in their shells to the mixture on medium heat and cover stirring occasionally for a few minutes or until all shells have opened.
- Mussels will be done within 5-7 minutes.
* Tip: If most mussels are open and some still haven’t opened up, discard them.
* Tip: If there are cracked or broken shells, do not add them to mixture. Discard.
Serve with rice, crusty bread, fried pitas or papadums!
I hope you enjoy this Indian Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Eat Deliciously & Happy New Year!
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Curried Beef Stew
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood
- Seafood for New Year’s Eve
- How to Cook Chicken Drumsticks with Tomato Curry and Rice
- Happy New Year 2011 from Cooking with Kimberly