Curried Mussels are a staple at our house for Friday nights, New Year’s Eve, birthdays & more!
Here’s how to make them and enjoy them in such a delicious way!
Spicy, creamy with the perfect tang & savoriness. These curried mussels will knock your socks off.
Type: Seafood Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh mussels in the shell
- 1/2 large onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tbsp curry paste – I prefer Ferns Curry Pastes.
- 1/2 pkg creamed coconut
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Astro Original Balkan Style Natural Yogurt.
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat a large frying pan with lid on medium high heat, and chop onions.
- Add coconut oil to pan along with onions and sauté until soft.
- Add minced garlic, lime leaves, bay leaf and curry paste to frying pan and turn down to medium heat.
- Sauté until soft and evenly combined.
- Add white wine, lime juice, creamed coconut, coconut milk & yogurt. Combine & heat, until simmering.
- Add scrubbed, cleaned, fresh mussels in their shells to the mixture on medium heat, and cover stirring occasionally for a few minutes or until all shells have opened.
- Mussels will be done within 5 – 7 min.
- If most mussels are open and some still haven’t opened up, discard them.
- If there are cracked or broken shells, do not add them to mixture. Discard.
Serve with rice, crusty bread, fried pitas or papadums, and enjoy this dish to the fullest.
Curried Mussels are a quick, easy, flavorful & satiating dish that will excite everyone for the next time you cook some up!
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Curried Beef Stew
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood
- How to Cook Stewed Tomatoes: National Tomato Month
- How to Cook Impromptu Linguine with Meatballs: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Scrambled Eggs a la Kimberly