Today is Day 3 of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike. This is what I made for lunch today using my “cupboard cooking” strategies.
I love tuna melts, but wanted to kick it up with an exotic flare…Enter: cilantro & lime!
Instead of making grilled cheese sandwiches, I decided to make a tuna melt open-face sandwich.
You make a basic tuna salad kicked up with cilantro & lime and get it into the oven…
You could also use salmon as a great substitute for tuna, but I suggest using a more tart cheese such as chevre or a gorgonzola to cut the rich flavor of the salmon.
Type: Fish Recipe
Serve With: Soup as a side, if desired
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 4 min
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 can tuna
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise – I use Polish style.
- 1 1/2 tbsp cilantro – chopped
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp sharp cheddar cheese – grated
- 1 slice bread – I used my Moroccan Spice Bread today (so tasty).
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in bowl.
- Toast bread in toaster before piling tuna on evenly.
- Broil in oven or toaster oven for approximately 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Slice in quarters and serve hot.
You will love this recipe – I do hope you try it out for yourself!
I hope you enjoyed this Quick Meal on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]tuna melt, tuna melts, how to cook tuna melts, tuna melt recipe, cilantro and lime tuna melt, fish recipe, quick meal, quick meal recipe, lunch recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 3
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo + Video
- How to Cook Salmon Cakes Made in a Bare Bones Fixer Upper Investment Property Kitchen
- How to Cook Hearty Salmon Chowder