This recipe is inspired by today’s cookware, and you’ll find out why…
These come from Russia, and well, in a round about way, they are a part of my heritage with an Eastern European background. Food made in these ramekins is likened to that of our soul food.
However, today, I’m not making a Russian or Eastern European recipe, I’m making Chicken Pot Pie in these bad boys…
Using these ramekins allows you to retain all the nutrients & flavor, and eliminate much of the fat commonly used in many dishes.
Anyway, a hearty chicken pot pie recipe is just below that will warm your soul, keep ya healthy, and satisfy that craving you have for tasty food.
Type: Soup Recipe
Serve With: French bread for dunking
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 45 min – 1 hr
Yield: Serves 1
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 small carrot – small dice
- 4 mushrooms – sliced
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 cup cooked chicken – diced
- 1 heaping tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground grains of paradise pepper seeds – or 2-3 peppercorns
- sea salt – to taste
- sprinkle red chili flakes – if desired
- ~ 3/4 cup chicken stock – to cover ingredients in ramekin; substitute with different stock, water or tea
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – or other cheese
- onion – optional
- garlic – optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare vegetables that need cutting.
- Heat peas with 1 tsp butter
- Add all veggies to a medium sized mixing bowl. Season them, and sprinkle flour on top to coat them all evenly. Mix chicken into ingredient bowl.
- Add vegetables and chicken to ramekin and fill with stock, water or tea to cover ingredients, leaving at least 2 inches of room from the top.
- Place lid on ramekin and cook in oven on a cookie sheet for 45 min – 1 hr, taking out and stirring once halfway through.
- Cut out a circular round from a slice of bread and toast.
- After 45 min – 1 hr, take ramekin out of oven, remove lid, float toasted bread round on top and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil in for 3-5 min or until cheese is bubbling & starting to turn golden brown around the edges of the ramekin.
Serve with lid off to show off how ooey-gooey delicious it will be!
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Shrimp Chowder in Stoneware Ramekins
- How to Cook Russian Beef Borscht in Stoneware Ramekins
- How to Cook Rhubarb Moos in Stoneware Ramekins
- Web Chef Review: Vyatka Ceramics Stoneware Ramekin Set with Fork
- How to Cook Pluma Moos in Stoneware Ramekins