We already know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so give this recipe a try.
How to Cook Breakfast Breakthrough Oatmeal:
This stick-to-your-bones recipe will get you through until lunch. Start your day off right.
Especially for “starving” university & college students, quick oats are extremely inexpensive and really fast to cook. This works well for those of us who need to eat something, but want to sleep in that extra 10 minutes in the morning.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 – 10 min
Yield: 1 serving
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie:
- 3/4 cup quick oats – not instant
- 1 cup of tea – hot or cold
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- pat of butter
- blueberries – or other fruit
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp bee pollen – I used Charlie-Bee Pure Natural Bee Pollen.
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds – lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Into a small sauce pan, pour tea and water, add salt, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add in oats and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 3 – 5 min.
- In a separate dry pan. lightly toast sesame seeds until you can smell the nuttiness of the seeds, shaking the pan from time to time.
- Remove lid and continue to heat 1 – 2 min to allow some of the extra liquid to evaporate. If it is too thick for you, milk or water can be added, 1 tbsp at a time, until desired thickness is achieved.
- Remove from heat, stir in a pat of butter and milk.
- Pour into cereal serving bowl, incorporate agave nectar and tumble in blueberries, gently stirring. Stir in some extra agave nectar if needed. Top with bee pollen and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy to the fullest.
A breakfast that will make you happy and healthier, so be sure to try this recipe of How To Cook Breakfast Breakthrough Oatmeal. Make it special by using a few tasty additions which you find delicious.
I hope you enjoy this Oatmeal Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Granola: National Oatmeal Day
- How to Bake Granola at Home
- How to Eat a Healthy Breakfast You Don’t Have to Cook
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Cook Spicy Lemon Zest Pork Chops + Video