Just close your eyes and imagine nice, meaty, salty bacon paired with fresh asparagus – a marriage made in Heaven!
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
These bundles of bacon & asparagus can be cooked in the oven or on the Grill!
- Tip: Prepare a dip for dunking to kick things up even further.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 18 – 20 min
Yield: 5 – 6 bundles
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- about 25 asparagus spears – washed, rinsed & patted dry
- bacon strips – enough for about 5 bundles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper – to taste
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/2 fresh lemon – to squeeze onto each asparagus wrapped bundle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Snap off woody ends of asparagus spears by bending each spear until it naturally snaps.
- Brush each spear with olive oil, and season with salt & pepper. * Note: I save the asparagus woody ends in a bag and keep them in the freezer until we accumulate enough to make a beautiful creamy asparagus soup, that is delicious beyond belief!
- Arrange in groups of 4 or 5 spears, and wrap each group tightly with a full bacon strip, beginning at one end of the spears and working your way to the other end as far as the bacon reaches.
- Prepare a pan suitable for grilling by brushing with olive oil.
- Place each wrapped bundle on the prepared pan with the bacon seam down so the oven heat will seal that seam and keep the bacon in place.
- Place in oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees F, baking for about 18 – 20 min until the bacon has cooked to a golden brown, and when you test a spear, it is knife tender, and the seam has sealed nicely. * Tips: 1. At about the halfway point, you might want to wet the asparagus tips only with some chicken broth to be sure they don’t burn and then continue cooking until done. 2. If desired you could put the bundles under the broiler for a few min to crisp up the bacon a bit more.
- Serve piping hot. Immediately before serving, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on each bundle.
This Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe is extra tasty as an appetizer, side dish, or even as a snack.
- How to Grill Maple Sugar Ham Wrapped Asparagus + Video
- How to Cook Vegetable Bacon Frittata + Video: Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Asparagus at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- How to Cook Bacon & Cheddar Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- How to Cook Kampot Pepper Apricot Brandy Sauce + Video