What better to start off with than an unbelievable appetizer to wake up those taste buds?
Bacon & cheddar is a winning combination, and this particular recipe is something you’ll look forward to after a long day out on the terrain, hiking, shopping or playing sports.
These mushroom caps are stellar with an amazing flavor that will knock those socks off with crispy bacon, melted cheese, and a stuffing that will rock your world.
Try adding some tart, crisp apple, maybe 1/3 cup finely chopped and your taste buds will go wild!
Men, women & children alike will fall in love, and wish they each had their own cookie sheet full of them. Believe me…we fought over one cookie sheet yesterday at our house…
Come to think of it, you should probably make 2 batches! LOL
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 18 mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese – grated
- 4 slices bacon + remaining bacon fat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley – finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large frying pan, brown up 4 strips of bacon until crispy on medium-low heat, but not until the bacon is completely dried out or burnt. Take out of pan & set aside, keep bacon fat in pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush off excess dirt from mushrooms, and gently remove the stems by pinching the stem with your forefinger & thumb, gently wiggling side to side to remove the stem in one full piece. Reserve stems and chop up finely.
- In frying pan with bacon fat, saute up mushroom stems until they are softened, add bread crumbs and stir. Take off heat.
- Crumble bacon strips into small pieces, or chop finely.
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Arrange stemless mushroom caps with hole side up on a cookie sheet that has been greased with either 1 tbsp of the bacon fat, or 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing, filling the hole as well as creating a mound on top of the caps.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Mushroom Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- Changing My Life with Bacon
- How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower
- How to Roast Artichoke Hearts in a Roasting Tray
- How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes: Tailgating Central