October 30th is National Haunted Refrigerator Day… (cue scary music – lol)
Have you ever looked in your refrigerator, and what you see convinces you that your refrigerator must be haunted!
The refrigerator looks ugly & haunted today.
Don’t panic! You can survive…until tomorrow.
How to Cook a Last Chance Omelet:
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve with: a mug of tea or coffee
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 18 – 20 min
Yields: 1 omelet
- a few pieces of cheese
- 1 celery rib
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 tomato
- 2 small carrots
- 1 splash milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 potatoes – cooked
- salt & pepper – to taste
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain of excess fat on clean paper towels. Cool, crumble & set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, saute sliced potatoes until golden brown.
- Mix the eggs with salt & pepper.
- Pour into a preheated frying pan with butter on medium-low to medium heat.
- Cut carrots into thin strips with a potato peeler.
- Grate the cheese, and dice celery rib.
- When omelet is half done, sprinkle with carrots, celery, bacon & cheese.
- Fold, as desired, in pan, and finish omelet (in oven if necessary).
- Serve alongside 2 slices of toasted bread, and a sliced tomato on a plate.
There, you have a lovely emergency meal until your refrigerator takes off its sad mask & is haunted no more.
Here’s another omelet recipe from Kimberly – How to Cook Mushroom, Green Pepper, Ham & Cheese Omelet:
National Haunted Refrigerator Day isn’t quite so scary anymore…or is it?
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Pepper, Ham & Cheese Omelet
- How to Cook Rice with Bacon, Tomato & Sweet Potato
- How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes + Video: Tailgating Central
- How to Cook Bubble & Squeak: Cabbage, Bacon & Potato Casserole + Video
- How to Cook Hearty Salmon Chowder